In order to succeed you must first create a success mindset. Here are five simple steps to start you on your way.
1) Mindfulness. Mindfulness will calm you, clear your thinking and help prepare you for your success mindset. Take a few slow deep breaths. Try a simple meditation technique or go for a walk in nature.
2) Gratitude. Cultivating a sense of gratitude and giving thanks will bring about many health and psychological benefits including a more optimistic outlook. It increases resiliency and mental toughness, which will help you in your success mindset. What are you grateful for in this moment? Make a list of five things that you are grateful for right now.
3) Believe in Yourself. Don’t underestimate the power of positive thinking. Too often we say we have goals and dreams but then tell ourselves it can’t be done. To get there you must believe in yourself and believe your success at your goal is possible. But how do we think more positively about ourselves and our goals or even change our thinking if needed? That brings us to our fourth step in creating a success mindset.
4) Visualizations. Try following a guided visualization or write one yourself, record it and play it back to yourself. As you hear it, use your imagination to visualize the concepts. This is helpful to making positive changes in your life. Visualize yourself taking small positive steps towards your goals. Visualize your success and what your life is like after you have achieved your goal.
5) Affirmations. An affirmation is a positive short phrase or sentence that we say to ourselves and then repeat throughout the day as needed. They are reassuring and can have a very real impact in changing the way we feel and think about ourselves. Repeat your daily affirmations slowly and mindfully. You can google to find affirmations or write your own simple ones that fit your needs.
For more reading on giving affirmations a chance including five affirmations to try, here’s a blogpost
With these five steps you will find yourself on your way to creating your success mindset. Enjoy!